Storage Tank Awareness - Design, Construction, Operations, Maintenance & Inspection
The course focuses on giving the participants:
- A proper understanding of the different types and design of Storage tanks and tank farms.
- Knowledge on the critical components, the failure mechanisms and the consequences of a failure, op-timum Inspection and maintenance activities based on criticality assessment and Risk management.
- A proper understanding of the operational aspects of storage tanks.
Engineers, Operators, Technologists, involved in design, Inspection, assessment, maintenance, and modifications of storage tanks and storage tank farms.
By the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the functions of structural parts of storage tanks, the fittings and the tank farms for conventional storage tanks,
- Explain design and operational aspects of storage tanks
- Set up inspection and maintenance programmes / schedules based on integrity assessment, criticality and Risk Management.
- Choose between the different options to establish a next service period (hence the fit for purpose) e.g. a limited service, repair or replace.
- Types of conventional storage tanks.
Fixed and floating roof tanks, tank selection re product classification, including cost awareness for new structures. New developments like Combi tanks)
- Design aspects
Design codes and company standards, venting requirements, special designs, fixed and floating roof components, tank shell and foundation design. Tank farms / impounding basins.
- Operational Aspects
Venting, pump rates, operational windows (product temperature, pressure, TVP/RVP, etc.), floating roof movements, roof drains and roof seals. Consequences of tank foundation settlements. Emissions from fixed and floating roof tanks.
- Tank Inspection, Assessment and Maintenance,
Tank inspection procedure, record system, on and off-stream inspections, assessment of the inspection finding against the relevant codes / criteria and the translation into a cost-effective maintenance scope. (Use of API/EEMUA codes and guidelines).
Introduction to Criticality assessment / Risk Management to optimize Integrity, the functionality and reliability.
- Maintenance activities
Common maintenance work and methods re tank structure, tank fittings, tank foundation and tank farms, selection on coatings, tank jacking and benchmarking on maintenance cost.
- Safety aspects
Fire Safety requirements, maintenance of firefighting equipment, International safety codes (NFPA/IP), layout considerations, tank entrance (permits).
- Pressurized Storage
Spheres, bullets and mounded storage.
Design, operation, and safety aspects.
Typical inspection and maintenance strategies.
Develop proactive Tank maintenance activities criticality / Risk based.
Develop Tank inspection plans and intervals.
Design, codes, operation and safety aspects.
The course is very interactive with case studies that illustrate how to manage Storage tanks and Tank Farms.
This course can be arranged for at client's location and can tailored to the client's wishes.
For more information about this service please contact us through the Client Enquiry Communication form
on this site, or send us an email at email@example.com