The course focuses on:
- Understanding the role of maintenance,
- The effect maintenance has on business performance,
- The techniques and skills required for managing maintenance activities.
Graduates in mechanical, electrical, civil or instrument engineering from universities or technical colleges with 8 to 10 years work experience and at least 5 years of field experience preferably in the maintenance of refineries, gas or chemical plants.
Provide theoretical and practical skills to:
- Explain and apply the knowledge of economics of plant performance, utilisation and availability
- Explain the importance and the necessity of a multi disciplinary approach in maintenance
- Choose maintenance strategies and policies to fit corporate objectives
- Apply effective maintenance techniques and use managerial tools to achieve optimum results
- Explain and apply the knowledge of key elements of managing human resources
- Select and use relevant performance indicators
- Explain the concept of total life cycle cost
- Working with corporate mission and vision
- Managing Maintenance
- Reviewing and monitoring business performance
- Applying business economics to unit's performance
- Identifying business interdependencies
- Managing interdepartmental relationships
- Proposing and managing improvements
- Using financial and cost information to develop budgets
- Recognise/satisfy customer needs/expectation
- Using IT for controlling/improving work results
- Building and maintaining teams
- Quality Management
- Applying and supporting HSE
Basic knowledge about the processes in these plants is a requirement.
In this Maintenance Management course, the participants are given an opportunity to work with real data of a small refinery.
The course is very interactive in learning how to manage your maintenance activities. All the tools and techniques will be explained and participants will work on a case study to develop a total plan for improving the maintenance performance.
Also so called “soft” issues to manage change will be addressed.
This course can be arranged for at client's location and can be tailored to the client's wishes.