Maintenance Foundation Course
The course provides basic knowledge of the maintenance activities required to optimize Asset availability, reliability and integrity in the petrochemical Industry.
Supervisory staff involved in maintenance and operations, (e.g. mechanical, reliability, shutdown, inspection, electrical, civil, instrumentation, operations, technology).
- State the objectives of maintenance, and strategies for optimizing the maintenance effort
- Understand the concept of Asset Management
- Understand the Risk concept
- Understand the different Failure Modes
- Understand maintenance techniques for specific plant equipment and their maintenance problems
- Understand the tools like Reliability Centered Maintenance, Risk Based Inspection and Safety Instrumented Functions. (Safeguarding).
- Identify organizational structures and their impact on Availability, Reliability and Integrity.
- Understand Shut-down Management
- Recognize procedures and procedural issues
- Recognize the importance of Data and appreciate the concept of performance monitoring
- Recognize the importance of Maintenance management systems (Close the loop)
- Understand commercial and economic aspects of maintenance
- Apply relevant HSE aspects
- Asset Management
- Risk Concept
- Data control
- Maintenance Options
- Failure modes
- RRM (Risk Reliability Management)/ RCA (Root cause analysis)
- NDT (Non destructive testing)
- Maintenance (and best practices) of plant equipment. (Static, rotating, piping, instrumentation, electrical)
- Risk based tools like Risk Based Inspection, RCM, SIF
- Performance monitoring.
- Work procedures
- Maintenance Management Systems (MMS)
- Shutdown maintenance.
This course can be arranged for at client's location and can be tailored to the client's wishes.
For more information about this service please contact us through the Client Enquiry Communication
form on this site, or send us an email at email@example.com